Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Gearing up for Halloween

Every year, one of the most fun projects is to work on a Halloween costume for my daughter. She's 13, so we have had lots of different ones. Thankfully, she hasn't outgrown the desire to dress up.

Last year, she was Lucy. This was ridiculously fun to do. She's an "I Love Lucy" fanatic - has all the DVDs - and so this choice for her was an easy one.

We started with some of her favorite looks from Lucy episodes ("I like that collar." "See the cuffs? Could we do that?") and YARDS of black and white polka dot fabric.


I found the shoes at a yard sale, unworn, for $3. They had a very retro vibe that she loved. We bought the wig at Target (I think?) in the Halloween section, but it was just a red wig. It had to be "Lucy-fied." We even made a stole at the last minute from some fake fur that I had, left over from another project.

This year, she wants to be a flapper. I am sooooo excited to start work on this ensemble! Right now I'm assembling the raw materials - fringe, shiny bobs and baubles, maybe a feather or two - and looking for inspiration. I'll post more as the project progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Unless you are mean, and then, no.